**Minneapolis By Bike and its employees reserve the right to refuse service to anyone at any time.**
Rental & Tour Terms
Participants must read and sign the Release from Liability Agreement prior to rental.
- We require full secure electronic payment when registering for tours and rentals. If you have not reserved your bike rental or tour online or via phone with a full electronic payment, we cannot guarantee bikes will be available upon arrival. If you want to ensure bikes will be available at the time of your arrival, please reserve them online or by phone. Feel free to contact us with any questions or difficulties regarding payment.
- Locks, helmets, maps and lights, as necessary, are provided for free with rental.
- Participants younger than 18, must be accompanied by an adult; the agreement must be signed by the parent/guardian releasing the Minneapolis By Bike from liability. Exceptions can be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Participants must be in good health, be able to operate, control and balance the equipment at the time of rental. Please consult your physician.
- Participants are responsible for the rental equipment from the time the equipment is rented until the time it is returned, including damage and theft of rental equipment.
- Rental equipment is due back on the date/time agreed upon by Minneapolis By Bike and the rider(s).
- Participants must inform Minneapolis By Bike if the equipment is damaged or not working properly.
- Participants must comply with all traffic laws and ride with caution.
- In order to best serve all of our customers, participants who arrive late to their tour, after departure time, will not be refunded. The tour will leave promptly at departure time. If you would like to reschedule your tour, you may do so upon arrival or call to reschedule. If you are unable to reschedule you may use your retained payment for a rental or a Self-Guided Tour (as bike availability allows).
A $35 cleaning fee will be charged to your account for bikes that require special cleaning to return to service line i.e. excessive mud, decorations etc.
*READ CAREFULLY* Deposits, Payment, Reservations, Cancellation and Refund Policy:
We accept cash and all major credit cards for payment.
Late returns are subject to additional charges and late fees.
Damaged equipment is subject to repair costs as determined by Minneapolis By Bike.
If the rental period is extended, the undersigned authorizes Minneapolis By Bike to charge the credit card on file for monies due without the cardholder present.
If the bicycle(s) is returned in the condition in which it was lent, your account will only be charged the rental costs.
If the bicycle(s) is returned in with damages, your account will be charged for the damages incurred during the rental period.
Once the rider(s) agrees to the riding terms, is fitted and receives riding instructions, signs the rider agreement, and departs on the bike, no refunds will be issued.
If the bicycle(s) is stolen, your account will be charged $500 per stolen bike.
If you cancel your tour or rental with more than 24 hours advance notice, we will provide a full refund of your cost. If you cancel your tour or rental with less than 24 hours notice, a $20.00 cancellation fee will be held. If you do not arrive to the tour prior to departure time, you will not be refunded your tour. You may reschedule your tour upon arrival or call to reschedule. If you are unable to reschedule you may use your retained payment towards a bike rental or a Self-Guided Tour (as bike availability allows).
Full refunds, prior to departure, are offered due to rain for both tours and rentals.
Due to some of our equipment, in heavy rain, tours cannot be provided. During light rain, tours are possible. However, if it is raining within an hour before the tour and you would like to cancel the tour, we will offer a full refund. If you would like to wait to see if the rain dies down, we can wait up to an hour after original start time and provide the tour if it does stop raining an hour later. If it rains during our tour and the group desires to call it quits, participants will be charged based on the amount of time they participated in the tour.